Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Preface to a First Step

- for donald powell

a tie
between the same things
rising together
its one love is us
and the beast
coming out of
the flatness

a generous offer
to wash each other's hands in the
acrimony of fortune
to share all outcomes each is the
pull toward


timing saves us
I said
from a world we molest into being
with our patience

I don't have all the time back now
I threw out of me
let alone the exact amount

time doth percolate
to the beat of a pluvial watchtower
our brains are
painted by the salt of a short time

folded impatience inside another day

furious heels on the
furious heels of its
gift
enough to watch the sky breathe
a will of yours up so she
pushes against any good reason
not to

whatever works your pace & mine

I can set the sun myself but I
feel slightly rushed

it took that tree
200 years for me
to be here

No comments:

Post a Comment